I have bold ideas to make San Diego an even better place to live. If you have any comments on these topics, or if there are other issues you think we need to tackle, I'd love to hear from you.
Gun Violence Prevention
1. Bring vacant units to market
2. Explore zoning and regulatory changes
3. Build Social Housing
4. Encourage residents to build granny flats for rentals.
5. Ask HUD for increase in number of choice vouchers given.
1. Safe Routes to School - Improving walking and biking infrastructure for safety.
2. Planting more trees.
3. Improving access to transit and encouraging folks to get out of their cars as often as possible.
4. Fight to protect vulnerable ecosystems and support efforts in San Diego Canyonlands and Mission Trails Regional Park.
5. Updating our trash collection system to include composting to meet Zero Waste goals.
6. Support MTS Elevate 2020 and SANDAG 5 Big Moves.
Transit and Infrastructure
1. Support Vision Zero by utilizing data to prioritize safety improvements on the most dangerous streets and intersections in D7.
2. Build protected bike lanes on busy roads, like on Mission Gorge through Friars Rd. (part of the Mission Valley community plan).
3. Fund feeder buses and shuttles through suburban D7 to access the Trolley.
4. Support the Elevate 2020 ballot measure to include free youth passes.
5. Support SANDAG’s transit vision: 5 Big Moves, and ensure that it includes near term improvements to transit service.
6. Commit the City to undertake a Safe Routes to School program to increase walking and bike riding to San Diego Unified schools.